Why It Is So Hard To Get Rid Of Rodents From Your Lehi, UT Property
January 02, 2021 - Rodents
Keeping pests out of your Lehi, UT property takes a lot more than just wishful thinking. If you want to get rid of rodents such as rats and mice, you will need to take your household prevention steps to the next level! Before you get started, familiarize yourself with the types of rodents commonly found around the Lehi area.
Rats and mice are some of the most common household invaders this side of the United States, causing thousands of dollars worth of damages to residential and commercial buildings. Common varieties include:
- Norway Rats: Extremely large and extremely dangerous rodents with bodies over ten inches long at maturity.
- Roof Rats: Slightly smaller and more agile rodents known to infiltrate homes through entry points in roofs and chimneys.
- House Mice: By far the most frequently discovered household rodent, house mice differ from their rat counterparts by their large ears, pointed snouts, and long whiskers.
- Field Mice: White bellies and fur-covered tails are a dead giveaway to this species of mouse.
Here’s some good news and bad news. The good? You will probably not have more than one rodent variety in your house at one time. The bad? Rodents are extremely dangerous pests no matter where you live.
Homeowners in Lehi beware because rats and mice can spread diseases with almost every action they take. They can spread pathogens across food prep surfaces just by scurrying across them. Ingredients will be tainted with all manner of illnesses if tampered with and pose significant health risks to anyone exposed. Finally, rodents can spread the deadly hantavirus through almost any part of their bodies. Carrion, waste, and physical bites or scratches can transmit a sickness that requires immediate medical attention.
You may not think that your ’low-key’ rodent infestation is serious or even hard to deal with when push comes to shove, but the truth is that rats and mice are extremely difficult to get and keep out. Here’s why.
The Real Tough Stuff — Getting Rodents Out Of Your House
Three primary factors make rats and mice some of the most difficult pests to address in all of Lehi.
- Reproduction: Rodents have an extremely short gestation period of only 18 to 22 days, with litters averaging in the dozens. If you fail to spot a rodent infestation at the first sign of a problem, the issue will be exponentially worsening every few weeks.
- Intelligence: You might think that your over-the-counter traps and baits can wipe out a rodent problem, but most rats and mice are too intelligent to fall for tricks they’ve seen in action time and time again.
- Size: Even large rats can slip through holes the size of a quarter, meaning that they could use any entry point around the house to their advantage.
Let us break the news gently — your current system of rodent prevention or elimination is not going to be enough to stop what’s coming.
Schedule a helpful rodent inspection from All States Lawn and Pest to learn more about your options today.
Taking Care Of Business The All States Way!
At All States Lawn and Pest, we care about your family’s safety as much as you do. That’s why we’ve worked hard to develop a total rodent protection plan that keeps households safe from rats and mice all year long.